I was nominated for the mystery blogger award last month by the super amazing Pooja of That Weird Brown Girl whose brand of weird I love and find absolutely hilarious. Many thanks to her for nominating me and the honest reason I’m just giving this the attention it deserves is laziness and indiscipline (forgive me?).
The award was created by Okoto Enigma who described it as:
“an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion”
I’m truly honored that she finds my blog inspiring and worthy of the nomination and I hope that my tardiness does not in any way diminish my gratitude.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
THREE THINGS ABOUT MYSELF:
- I love writing and receiving handwritten letters and I loathe the necessity of food (this one just had to be said)
- I don’t hear a lot of people say this (the common ones being lips, eyes, legs etc. etc.) but I adore my nails and they’re my best-loved body part. Every other part of my body has failed me at some point (you can ask if you want to know more about this). They haven’t disappointed me so far, they stay pretty, long and strong and I just feel as though every other thing (body parts) will wither away but they will remain.
- I hate that I smile as much as I do (I can’t help it. I’ve tried.) And I have a love-hate relationship with the attention my smile gets. Most of the time, I feel like that’s all people see when they look at me but a dear dear friend of mine once told me that I need not feel that way because “it leaves much to be wondered about” so I’ll just keep holding on to that.
ANSWERS TO POOJA’S QUESTIONS
QUESTION 1: How much has your content, style and writing changed since your first post on WordPress?
ANSWER: I think my content and writing are erratic so it would be very difficult for me to find or trace a pattern. I do this chiefly for the love of writing, to enlighten and to inspire, everything I put out is fuelled by that and I’d really hate for that to change. (I hope there’s an answer here)
QUESTION 2: What was your first post on WordPress about? Explain it briefly.
ANSWER: This was my first post on the blog. I wrote it with the New Year in view and I spoke about the need to appreciate the journey leading up to achieving our goals instead of just the singular goal or having it crossed off our lists and beating ourselves up when we don’t.
QUESTION 3: Why do you blog? Blogging makes you feel ________ ?
ANSWER: First of all, I don’t really consider myself a ‘blogger’. I write. I’m a writer. The blog just happens to be a medium for me to get what I write out there.
Why do I write?
I write because I can. I write because I must. I think I should explain this properly in a post.
QUESTION 4: The person you look up to?
ANSWER: Oh I have a lot of people I look up to and admire but I think I’ll mention the person closest to home. Adaku Abimbola Ufere. Ada is an Oil and Gas lawyer, the CEO of DAX Consult (a legal advisory and consulting firm), CEO of Serendipity Group (a media content creation company), fashion journalist, public speaker, published poet, superwoman and all round badass.
She’s a family friend (and the big sister I never had) whom I’ve watched grow and evolve to the phenomenal woman that she is today. I don’t want to say too much about her because I doubt I’d stop if I really begin. I’ll just save it all for the next love letter I write to her.
QUESTION 5: Three things you can’t live without?
ANSWER: Books, music and the internet (off the top of my head).
MY NOMINEES ARE:
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES
I really hope she doesn’t mind but I poached Pooja’s questions because I couldn’t think of better ones I’d love to ask.
- How much has your content, style and writing changed since your first post on WordPress?
- What was your first post on WordPress about? Explain it briefly.
- Why do you blog? Blogging makes you feel ________ ?
- The person you look up to?
- Three things you can’t live without?
LINKS TO MY BEST POSTS
Anything I write is my baby (a fruit of my writing womb), sensitive and unique with a life of its own so I find it very difficult to pick and choose.
Peace and much love to you,